Pages

Blog Archive

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February Favourites

So, although this is the shortest month, it has seem to have flown by, and it is crazy knowing that we are now in the 3rd month of 2013. I haven't really been branching out a lot this month, as I have been very busy and not very well but these are the products that have really stood out for me this month. 

Beauty Favourites



Makeup

This month has been much the same as usual really, I have stuck to my very basic, natural finish face as I don't have the time for glamour in the morning, but there have been a few products which I have been reaching for more than usual this month being the;

Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Powder Foundation;
My skin has been pretty clear recently and so I have just being reaching for a pretty light, sheer coverage foundation, just to even out the skin tone. This has been perfect. I have slightly oily skin, and so powder does keep that shine at bay, but the thing I like about this powder above others is it doesn't give a too matte finish, which is exactly what I love. I hate extremely matte or extremely dewy finishes, and this is fits perfectly inbetween. I absolutely adore this foundation and will definetly be repurchasing it. 

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer; 
I have been using this on my upper rim just to give a little bit of an omfph to my eyes. It really helps give the appearance of naturally fuller lashes, and lasts a long time. The other thing I like about it is it doesn't tend to move onto the waterline either, so it can still look as if I am not wearing eyeliner. This product is a total bargain and I love it! 

Skincare

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Range;
I usually go with the philosophy, the more expensive the skincare product, the better the effect. However in January I started to get some spots and so instantly trekked to Boots, I think the reason this brand caught my eye is because of the orange packaging which I thought was really cute. Anyway they both contain Salicylic Acid, a known effective treatment for acne. The scrub is very gentle, and not too abrasive and so you can use it everyday, although I prefer to use every other. The wash and mask is lovely, and I really feel like I have properly cleansed my skin. I now have no spots on my face whatsoever and it has seemed to reduce scarring too. They both have a very refreshing after effect on the skin, and really work as a pick me up in the morning. 

Bodycare

E45;
So the weather has been bitter here and my skin has really felt its full wrath. This has been a saviour. Not the most glamourous of products but it really does work. It is so simple and cheap but the skin on my legs has been transformed from dry and un-attractive to silky smooth. It give deep intense moisture and works wonders on the skin. 

Favourite book

I am a total book worm, and feel that they really help me relax and so this will also be a monthly feature on my blog, this month my favourite book has been - 

Miranda Hart - Is it just me? This book is funny, thought provoking and a real enjoyable light read. I am loving reading it, and so I definitely recommend it if you like her TV show as it is written in the same style. 

No comments:

Post a Comment