Pages

Blog Archive

Friday, February 22, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart | Review




Might be a little overly eager posting 2 posts in less than 24 hours, but I just want to make this perfect. This one is going to be about a very hyped up lip product, the Revlon lip butters. 

The one I am going to talk about today is 'Sweet Tart'. Sweet Tart is a very strong fuchsia colour. I do really like the colour, but I find it suits me best when dabbed out a little bit so as not to be so vivid and bright. A little note to myself, don't buy such strong lip colours, they don't suit you. I am a bit awkward with lip products actually, I only like pinks and oranges. I am in no way a nude, red or deep lip colour kinda gal, but it just is whatever floats your boat. 

The consistency of this products is, surprise surprise, buttery. It is very creamy and easy to apply. It stays for maybe an hour, without having to be reapplied, I never last very long with lip products because I am always eating (hehe). At first application they feel quite moisturising, but I wouldn't say they are at all, they do intact cling to any dry patches on the lip. They work a lot better with a lip balm applied underneath. 

I really really like the packaging of this product, the cover slip changes depending on what colour you choose and it feels quite luxurious for a 'drugstore' product, this is definitely one of the main positives to this lippy. 

These products can be found in Boots here for £7.99 I think this is a reasonable price for such a raved about lip product by so many bloggers. However if you were to ask me is it worth that much I would probably say no. 

This sounds like a really critical review, but I do really like this product and I am definitely going to buy more, I am thinking strawberry shortcake or peach parfait. Any suggestions? 

Thankyou

1 comment:

  1. I have creamsicle, raspberry tart, and red velvet - but I have my eye on this one too :) I was a little disappointed with the staying power though x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete